Mary and The City: NYE Superstitions

Thursday, December 31, 2009

NYE Superstitions

It's part of our culture to follow the New Year's Eve superstitions. I was explaining to my foreign friends that are spending NYE in Brazil the meaning of it, and they asked me to point out the ones that I will do tonight.So here we go...

I woke up early today to get my flowers...to trow to Yemanja...



 

 

 

There was a long line to buy the flowers...Everybody wants good luck...!

 

 

 

I've chosen White and Red to guarantee Peace and Love

 

 

After the flowers...the underwear is another important superstitious item... 
Yellow is Money, Pink is Love  and Red means Passion.


 

 

And the last but not the least sympathy is the Lentils that means Prosperity and we will eat tonight...

 

Besides that, there are several other sympathies to praise Yemanja the goddess of the sea, like throwing scented soaps, box with your wishes, brushes for her big hair...etc.
After all with or without sympathies I wish you ALL THE BEST IN 2010!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

Maria
Mary and The City


1 comment:

  1. Mariaaa q saudade q eu to de riviera, e do nosso reveillon!!!!!
    O blog ta perfeitoo, tamo ai daqui uns dias,
    bjos ana e.

    ReplyDelete